Scripps is hiring! There are currently 220 open positions.
Our hot job of the week is Morning Executive Producer for KJRH-TV in Tulsa, Okla.
The Executive Producer is responsible for managing the content and showcasing across multiple platforms, ensuring that the station is competitive within the market.
- Coordinate the content and presentation across multiple platforms
- Enhance and support content with graphics, video and station branding
- Review content for multiple platforms
- Supervise pre-production to ensure quality and ethical standards and coordination between Control Room and design staff
- Supervise the writing of content, including but not limited to teases and web headlines
- Manage schedules, overtime and performance for assigned direct reports, including but not limited to yearly reviews
- Monitor web analytics on a daily basis to enhance user experience, site stickiness and engagement
- Post content to station’s web sites
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Create tactics and strategies to increase demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms
- Have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations
- Work with other departments to accomplish the objectives of the station
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Previous professional experience in television producing a main show; experience producing in a larger market preferred.
EQUIPMENT: Knowledge of newsroom computer system preferred. Computer-assisted journalism experience is also preferred.
SKILLS Must have a keen sense of logistics and the ability to work successfully in challenging situations. Strong leadership skills and news judgment.