Scripps is hiring! There are currently more than 200 open positions.
Our hot job of the week is Digital Sales Manager at WEWS- Cleveland. Go to scripps.com/careers and search requisition #5828 to apply.
WEWS-TV, Cleveland's ABC Affiliate, is seeking a dynamic digital business leader to lead digital sales. WEWS, Ohio's first and longest-running television station, was also Scripps' first venture in television. It was licensed in 1947 and its call letters were chosen to recognize the company's founder, E.W. Scripps. WEWS is the largest ABC affiliate in Ohio.
This position is the lead digital sales executive for the assigned geographic region and is accountable for the execution of the digital sales plan. This role directs a team of digitally savvy Digital Account Executives (DAEs) ensuring that new business development, account and revenue retention, as well as new product launch goals are achieved. The DSM possesses the highest product and value proposition knowledge to develop their teams to high performance.
The Digital Sales Manager is accountable for the full scope of management of sales people including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback and coaching to ensure team members achieve key performance indicators.
A four year business degree preferred. A minimum of two to five years of sales management experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment. Possess proven track record of managing a team of Digital Media Professionals (account executives), potentially across multiple markets.
- Strong leadership abilities with proven success building an effective team. Capable of developing team members consistent with the sales training, value proposition and goals of the organization.
- Superior Internet/Digital product knowledge and personal selling skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word
- Good organization and communication skills required (verbal and written). Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty). Performance oriented leader with sound ability to manage team to daily outcomes. Ability to achieve goals through their team.
- Must be able to identify and diagnosis issues to ensure achievement of goals.
- Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
- This position will be responsible for managing employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The E.W. Scripps Company is a leading media enterprise driven to develop and expand its digital strategies while embracing its rich history in delivering quality journalism through broadcast television stations, newspapers and Scripps Howard News Service.
More than 5,000 employees are united by our mission statement: "We do well by doing good - providing value to customers, employees and owners by informing, engaging and empowering the communities we serve." Scripps is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is guided by its long-time motto: "Give light and the people will find their own way."
Our creative, talented and energetic employees are leading the way at 19 television stations in major cities such as Denver, San Diego, Detroit, Phoenix and Tampa. They are serving communities with impactful story-telling, investigations and interactive outreach through our newspapers in 13 markets.