Scripps is hiring! Currently there are more than 225 open positions.
Our hot job of the week is Sr. Recruiter at our company headquarters in Cincinnati. To apply online go to scripps.com/careers and search requisition #5768.
At Scripps, we embrace adventure. It's part of our culture and is supported by a structure of both personal and professional rewards. Professional opportunities at Scripps are as endless as your imagination and initiative, because we are a company where openness, teamwork and synergy are intrinsic to our success.
If you are a seasoned sales recruiter seeking a senior recruiter position with a great company that views the recruiting function as an essential part of the business, we'd like to talk with you.
The senior recruiter, part of the Scripps Centralized Recruiting team, is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success with a particular focus on roles in our newspaper sales group. This will be achieved through the execution of local and national recruiting plans, employing contemporary sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting strategies. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that Scripps hires the best possible talent and will:
- Coordinate the recruiting process to attract a well-qualified and diverse workforce:
- Work with divisional HR lead to identify critical roles,
- Confirm job descriptions and specifications to create postings,
- Review recruiting process with hiring managers including local HR as deemed appropriate,
- Create a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position,
- Coordinate the process which entails everything from
- advertising the position broadly to sourcing qualified candidates,
- screening resumes to driving and participating in the interview process,
- evaluating candidates to securing background and reference checks, and
- extending and negotiating offers to following up with candidates not selected.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of the recruiting plans and their implementation.
- Deliver metrics related to key performance indicators and interpret the story they tell.
- Seek out strategies and methods to continually improve the recruiting process.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in anticipation of need by utilizing aggressive sourcing strategies.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Work effectively with and external recruiters in both sourcing and hiring qualified candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations and via social media avenues; use social and professional networking sites to identify, source and create connections with both active and passive candidates.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads and employee referrals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of market/industry trends and their related effect on talent acquisition.
- Create and maintain recruiting contacts within the industry and beyond.
Highly-qualified candidates will possess:
- Well-honed skills in recruitment, sourcing and candidate development, and evaluation processes.
- Some Digital product sales knowledge (Internet, mobile, SEM/SEO, Google, etc.) is helpful but not required.
- Proven relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to succeed with minimal supervision and to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal communication skills with a dynamic telephone presence.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Proven skills working with employment contracts and third party recruiters/agents.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within in the organization to foster a spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings and maintain a flexible work schedule on an as-needed basis.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment as well as experience with applicant tracking systems.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business or a related discipline.
- Four to six years of recruiting experience required with one to two of those years in human resources corporate recruiting experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.