Scripps is hiring! Currently there are more than 200 open positions.
Our hot job this week is a Mobile Developer. Search requisition #5363 at scripps.com/careers.
The E.W. Scripps Company is expanding its digital footprint and is looking for web and mobile developers in our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Under moderate supervision, develops cost effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing application software that is moderately complex. Analyzes system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Assists in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule. Creates prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements moderately complex software.
- Work closely with all departments in a collaborative manner to plan, design, and develop websites and software applications.
- Develop, use and assess technical architectures, designs, and frameworks.
- Contribute to the overall software development life-cycle including requirements gathering/analysis, design, development, release/version control, testing, deployment and support.
- Develop technical specifications and documentation.
- Develop and implement training and documentation for applications.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Develop special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
- Contribute to team after-hours support duties.
- Evaluate evolving technologies.
- Perform application testing of components, modifications, and overall systems for multiple websites and applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot all manner of technical problems that may develop with multiple sites, video formats, and platforms to determine whether reported problems are the result of code-related errors, platform errors, or user error.
- Follow strict troubleshooting processes at all times, especially during emergencies.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years' experience in full life-cycle software development.
- Minimum of three years technical experience in interactive media or other relevant online business.
Skill and Abilities:
- Strong Android development
- Python development skills
- Database experience including Postgres and MySQL (queries, DDL)
- Use of version control software for code, asset and configuration management.
- Significant Linux experience
- Must have broad, enterprise-class technical knowledge in areas of software application development, technical operations, information security, and business process architecture.
- Experience performing in a Systems Assurance role to ensure the quality of systems either produced in-house or by another party.
- Use of trouble ticketing systems.
- Experience with the following is highly desired:
- Appcelerator Titanium
- Experience developing web-based CMS systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Effective relationship-building skills and ability to work both individually and as a member of a team are essential.
- Excellent organization, project management and follow-up skills.
- Qualified Candidate relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within a team environment.
- Utilize creativity and excellent problem solving skills.
Must possess proven and effective verbal and written communication skills.