The Scripps National Spelling Bee has a new club for students who want practice with their spelling and vocabulary words. It’s called Word Club and it makes studying for a local spelling bee better than ever.
Corrie Loeffler, program manager at the Scripps National Spelling Bee, took the lead on the project. The application was developed in conjunction with Amy Lisak, systems analyst, and Paul Gilman, manager of application development, both in the Scripps Enterprise IT department. The Word Club launched December 7.
The Scripps National Spelling Bee is making it easy to give a season pass as a stocking stuffer for a special speller in your life.
Register here for a Word Club season pass, and your child can:
- Learn at his or her own pace with more than 120 tests covering more than 1,600 words from the Scripps National Spelling Bee’s official study resources: 2013 School Spelling Bee Study Words and 2013 Spell It!
- Study official Scripps National Spelling Bee definitions and word information.
- Hear authoritative pronunciations from Dr. Jacques Bailly, official pronouncer for the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Receive instant feedback on spelling and vocabulary knowledge.
- Track progress in working to master the English language.
You can even print out a Word Club certificate to let your student know: “You’re in the Club!”
Sample Spelling Test Question Screen:
Sample Vocabulary Test Question Screen:
Happy Holidays from the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and happy learning with Word Club!